Arabic & Islamic Studies diploma
HOURS A LESSON
Deepen your commitment to Islamic learning with our two-year Diploma in Arabic and Islamic Studies, meticulously aligned with the revered Madinah Book Syllabus.
This program invites you to deepen your dedication to Islamic studies through a two-year Diploma in Arabic and Islamic Studies. Structured around the renowned Madinah Book Curriculum, this comprehensive course offers an immersive study of the Arabic language, enriched by an in-depth examination of pivotal Islamic tenets such as Tawheed, Seerah, Fiqh, and Tafsir. Delve into the vast reservoir of Islamic thought and master the authentic nuances of the Arabic language.
Course Summary & Requirements:
Students enrolling in the course are expected to adhere to the following expectations and responsibilities:
Punctuality and Regular Attendance: Punctuality for all sessions is critical, with regular attendance mandatory barring any authorised absences.
Preparation for Sessions: Students must ensure they are well-prepared for each lesson, having completed any assigned homework and mastered the given vocabulary ahead of the session.
Active Participation in Group Presentations: Active and constructive participation in group presentations forms a significant part of the learning process and grading.
Completion of Written Assignments: Timely submission of all assigned written tasks is required for grading and learning assessments.
Termly Tests and Year-End Examination: Performance in termly tests and the comprehensive year-end examination will contribute significantly to the final grade.
Instructional Methods: A combination of lectures, interactive classroom discussions, individual and group projects, and assessments.
Students must strictly follow these guidelines to ensure a conducive learning environment and positive academic progress.
Who is the course for?
This course is suited for those who can read Arabic. We’ll help you enrich your reading, writing, and comprehension skills, and broaden your vocabulary.
For complete Arabic beginners, we have a Foundation Course available. If you’re past the beginner level, reach out at [email protected] for an assessment. While knowledge of Islamic studies is beneficial, it’s not a prerequisite. On successful completion, earn your Madinah College Certificate of Completion. Ready to join us? Let’s elevate your Arabic knowledge together.
Arabic Studies – Year 1
– Full study of Madinah Arabic Book 1 (Madinah Reader 1 and 2)
– First 10 Lessons from Madinah Arabic Book 2 (Madinah Reader 3)
Islamic Sciences – Year 1
– Fiqh: Exploration of Islamic Jurisprudence based on Manhaj al-Salikeen, focusing on Islamic Worship, including purification rites, prayer, fasting, zakat, Hajj, and Umrah.
– Tawhid: Detailed study of Islamic Monotheism covering essential tenets of Islam, Tawhid and Shirk, pillars of Islamic creed (Aqeedah), and branches of faith (Iman).
Arabic Studies – Year 2
– Continuation of Madinah Arabic Book 2 (Madinah Reader 4 and 5), and selections from Arabiyyah Bayna Yadayk.
Islamic Sciences – Year 2
– Fiqh: Further study of Islamic Jurisprudence based on Manhaj al-Salikeen, this time focusing on transactions and marital regulations.
– Tawhid: Continued exploration of Islamic Monotheism, discussing prophetic tradition and religious innovation, seeking blessings, intercession, the Islamic perspective on magic, and the contributions of the Prophet’s companions.
Interpretation of the Qur’an (Tafsir)
– An in-depth exploration of selected interpretations of the Qur’an.
Selections from the Prophetic Biography
– A comprehensive examination of the life and teachings of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).
By the end of this course, students should:
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the Arabic language and essential Islamic teachings.
- Exhibit proficiency in Arabic grammar and an expanded vocabulary.
- Understand and apply the principles of Tawheed, Fiqh, Tafsir, and Seerah.
- Engage in intellectual discourse and critical thinking on Islamic topics.
- Interpret and comprehend the teachings of the Qur’an and Hadith.
- Apply the principles and rulings of Fiqh to their daily life.
- Appreciate and articulate the contributions of the Prophet’s companions to Islamic Monotheism.
- Reflect thoughtfully on the life and teachings of Prophet Muhammad.
- Be equipped to educate and contribute positively to their communities.